September 2014 Promotion
20% off Microchips
Please make an appointment now. 882-4488 (no appointment needed if you just want a microchip)
2014 Year Long Promotion
Also. I want people to consider getting Pet Insurance so I don't have to euthanize so many pets when they get badly sick or injured due to lack of money.
Our encouragement: If you end up getting a policy this year, let us know and we will waive the co-pay portion of your policy, if any, (up to 10% for the life of your pet).
We don't earn any commission or any other benefit from promoting pet insurance... in fact the extra paper work is a bit of nuisance... but there's a very good chance that at least once in your pet's life, it will end up badly sick or injured and need expensive veterinary care. Insurance often makes the difference between getting that care and being "put down". Please check out our page about Pet Insurance.
Comments about our promotions:
Back in the last century when I graduated from veterinary school it was considered UNPROFESSIONAL to advertise, have bill boards, offer coupons and so forth.
We were supposed to gain new business by earning a reputation through word of mouth for excellent service, honesty, and community service.
Well, sometime between then and now, starting with "ambulance chasing" lawyers, then dentists, and now physcians, and even the ocassional veterinarian, there are bill boards and newspaper ads galore. It's kind of sad.
Well, I still believe in the older tradition. However, we now have a Face Book Page that we use to:
1. "Share" pictures of all the cats and dogs we have in our shelter that need to be adopted. I must say, FaceBook sharing really helps.
2. I like to preach the gospel about pet owner responsibility, the human-animal bond, and other similar topics. Face Book makes this easier. I also frequently write comments, often humerous, about pet care, pet problems, and treating various conditions.
3. We have a lot going on at our veterinary practice and shelter and
Face Book has become a very convenient place to talk about our events, new staff members, fund raisers, new products, and new equipment, and so forth.
4. People send me all manner of cute, fun, or interesting pictures, comments, cartoons, jokes, and videos. It's a little overwhelming, but I often repost these on our FaceBook Page for your benefit.
5. And alas. I now use Face Book to announce PROMOTIONS.... something I've never done before. I do this mainly to encourage people to take better care of their pets. For example, this month (May 2014) we are offering 20% off all services for cats that haven't seen a vet in over 2 years in hopes of providing vet care for the many cats that almost never get needed care.
I will try to keep this page up to date. But if not... check out our Face Book Page !
P.S. I promise never to have a bill board.